First-year students in the Chase day division volunteered at nine Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky community programs in an introduction to understanding lawyers’ pro bono professional responsibilities.
The 102 students:
• Delivered pizzas donated by Mac’s Pizza and medical supplies with Maslow’s Army, an organization founded by Northern Kentucky University graduates Sam and Susan Landis to help people experiencing homelessness.
• Cleaned toys and furniture at the NKU Early Learning Center.
• Cleaned an industrial kitchen used to feed individuals experiencing food insecurity.
• Did building improvements and landscaping at the Contemporary Dance Theater building in College Hill.
• Worked on NKU campus clean up.
• Packed food boxes for individuals who rely on Meals on Wheels, at Wesley Community Services.
• Cared for pets of families experiencing homelessness through the IHN pet project.
• Packed medical care kits for developmentally disabled adults, at Easterseals.
• Made facility improvements at Welcome House Covington, which works to reduce homelessness in Northern Kentucky.