NKU Comprehensive Plan: Click here https://www.nku.edu/covid19/moving-forward.html to read the comprehensive plan for fall semester at Northern Kentucky University.
Chase Fall Semester: Chase is offering some classes in-person, some online and giving students an option to take all classes online, if they wish. The details:
• The schedule of classes, including mode of instruction and room number, is available at https://chaselaw.nku.edu/current-students/resources/registrar/schedule-of-classes.html. Some classes will meet in campus buildings other than Nunn Hall. Students who wish to attend an in-person class remotely should contact the professor for a Zoom ID.
• Some rooms have been designated as “Zoom Rooms” to accommodate schedules of students who wish to attend a class remotely and be on campus to attend another class in-person. The schedule of classes at https://chaselaw.nku.edu/current-students/resources/registrar/schedule-of-classes.html contains a list of Zoom Rooms.
• Facial coverings must be worn at all times on the Northern Kentucky University campus, except while eating, alone in a private room or exercising outdoors while properly physically distanced. Facial coverings are available at the law library circulation desk, the student services office on the third floor of Nunn Hall and the dean’s suite on the fifth floor.
• All student organization meetings and activities will be conducted online.
• Physical safety measures that have been implemented in Nunn Hall include removal of chairs at library tables to provide proper spacing, discontinued use of drinking fountains except for bottle and cup refilling, installation of clear plastic shields at work stations and conversion of monitors in hallways to no-touch operation.
Contacting Professors and Administrators: Students who need to contact a professor, administrator or student-support office can find email addresses on the Chase website. For faculty members, https://chaselaw.nku.edu/faculty.html, and administrators, https://chaselaw.nku.edu/about/administration.html. Answers to many questions can be found on the website, primarily by using the “current students” tab.
Financial Support Available: Students who need financial help because of the COVID-19 pandemic may apply for assistance from a fund exclusively for Chase students and a federally funded one for all NKU students. The Chase Student Emergency Fund provides money for emergency needs from a fund alumni created several years ago in honor of Professor Caryl Yzenbaard when she retired. Applications for assistance from The Chase Student Emergency Fund are at The Professor Caryl Yzenbaard Student Emergency Fund application. The federally funded NKU CARES Emergency Fund provides assistance through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or CARES, and is available to Chase students, NKU undergraduate students and graduate students. Applications for the NKU CARES Emergency Fund are at https://inside.nku.edu/financialaid/programs/covid-19-student-emergency-funding.html#faq.
Supplemental Study Materials Online: Students utilizing supplemental study aids from Professor Burton or in the law library can access them online:
• Westlaw: Go to the Chase law library home page at https://chaselaw.nku.edu/current-students/library.html, click the link for West Academic Study Aids Subscription and create an account (separate from your Westlaw account). You can then access study supplements, including Q&A books, for your courses.
• LexisNexis: From the Chase law library homepage, https://chaselaw.nku.edu/current-students/library.html, click the link for Lexis Digital Library, enter your NKU username and password to search supplements by 1L, 2L or 3L class, or by subject area, then click “borrow” to use the material for 120 days.
Help for Coping: Physical and mental health advice on COVID-19 is available at these websites:
• Northern Kentucky University:
Managing Fears and Anxiety Around Coronavirus
• Northern Kentucky Health Department:
Individual or Family Health Alerts/Coronavirus," https://nkyhealth.org/individual-or-family/health-alerts/coronavirus/
Food Help Available: FUEL NKU has bags of food and personal supplies available in the FUEL lobby of Albright Health Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.