Northern Kentucky Law Review - Law + Informatics Symposium on
Cyber Defense Strategies and Responsibilities for Business and Industry
Join the conversation #cybersecurity
A webcast is available without CLE credit.
The Northern Kentucky Law Review and NKU Chase Law + Informatics Institute hosted the third annual Law + Informatics Symposium on February 28, 2014 in the George and Ellen Rieveschl Digitorium in Griffin Hall, the home of the NKU College of Informatics in Highland Heights, Kentucky. The focus of the conference was to provide an interdisciplinary review of issues involving business and industry responses to cyber threats from foreign governments, terrorists, domestic surveillance, and corporate espionage. The symposium emphasized the role of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and industries providing critical infrastructure and the role of corporate leadership in addressing issues of domestic and international surveillance.
Susan J. Court '80
- Principal, SJC Energy Consultants, LLC; Former Director of Enforcement, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
David G. Delaney
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana; Senior Fellow, Center For Applied Cybersecurity Research
Luis Armando Garcia
- Professor, Universidad Nebrija, Madrid, Spain
Jon M. Garon
- Professor of Law, NKU Chase College of Law; Director, NKU Chase Law + Informatics Institute
Janine S. Hiller
- Professor of Business Law, Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech
Sarah Jane Hughes
- University Scholar and Fellow in Commercial Law, Maurer School of Law, Indiana University
- Head of Information and Communication Technology Government Community, World Economic Forum, Cologny, Switzerland
- The National Conference of State Legislatures, Information Technology and Telecommunications Law and Policy
- Contract Specialist, PPD, Budapest, Hungary
- Partner, Trope and Schramm LLP; Adjunct Professor, US Military Academy, West Point
Thank you to our sponsors. Sponsors play an essential role in building the program. Our continued growth will only be assured through the generosity of our sponsors.